Juried Graduate Summer Show
Open Call Juried Shows for ASU Students
ASU hosts two juried shows each year. These consist of the juried undergraduate show that happens in over winter break and the juried graduate show that happens over summer break. Both are held in the Harry Wood Gallery and both are a great opportunity to get your work into a show with a prestigious juror as well as having the chance to exhibit your work for a longer period of time than other gallery shows throughout the year. The Galleries Exhibition class helps to install these shows each year as the final for the class.
Graduate Summer Show
A poster will be distributed around campus announcing the shows along with an e-mail notification asking graduates to submit work.
Works are submited by e-mailing the Galleries Director, Grant Vetter at Grant.Vetter@asu.edu
Submissions must include
- Your name and contact information
- Up to 5 images of 5 different works under 2 MB (Sculpture can submit more than one view and video works can submit a link)
- An image list with numbers instead of your name so that the images can be judged impartially. The image list include the number of the image, the title of the work, the meduim, the size and the date of completion
- The jury process will take one to two weeks at which point the winner submissions will be selceted and the artists notified.
- Those artists selected will be expected to bring their work ready to install on Friday, (XX), at 4pm.
- Those artists selected are greatly encouraged to attend the Opening Reception: (TBA, XX, XXX, XXXX)
- Sometimes gifts, prizes or best in show awards will be handed out but not always.
Picking up Work
- All artists are expected to come pick up their work on Friday (XX), at 3pm.
- Work that is left behind will be thrown out.
- Schedule another party to come pick up your work for you if you cannot make it.