ASU California Center / Interdisciplinary Space
ARIZONA STATE UNIVERSITY
725 Arizona Avenue Santa Monica, CA 90401 californiacenter.asu.edu
Main: (424) 229-9473 Fax: (424) 238-0271
The ASU California Center is a university-wide initiative to connect with prospective students in the Los Angeles area, offer enhanced academic and internship experiences for current ASU students, engage with alumni, and strengthen connections between ASU’s entrepreneurial faculty and the critically important Southern California innovation ecosystem.
The California Center has the ability to host courses, meetings, workshops, forums, receptions and other types of events, including the ability to connect participants through video conferencing technology. Spaces include:
1. Flexible workspace for ASU faculty, staff and affiliates.
2. Two conference rooms accommodating 12 guests each, both with presentation and video conferencing capabilities for ready connection to Arizona and beyond.
3. A large, flexible event space that can handle a variety of layouts, featuring a 12-panel video wall with presentation and video conferencing capabilities, plus a catering kitchen and access to a courtyard.
90 standing, 70 sitting in the theater
32 classroom and 20 boardroom
4. Informal gathering space with lounge furniture, Wi-Fi and built-in technology capabilities will accommodate up to 30 guests both seated or standing. The adjacent outdoor patio can accommodate up to 25 guests for casual gatherings.
5. Studenthousingata reduced cost to students
may also be available.
6. Onsitestaffassistancetohelpplanandexecuteprogramsand events and full technology support, for both desktop support and meetings/events, from the University Technology Office.
To learn more, please contact:
Facility and Event Manager ASU California Center
firstname.lastname@example.org (424) 229-9473 californiacenter.asu.edu
Departments and affiliates on-site
With over 11,800 square feet of meeting, event and office space, the California Center offers ASU schools, programs and affiliates the flexibility to create, engage and inspire. Since opening in 2013, over 400 meetings and events have been held at this facility.
The California Center currently hosts the following schools, programs and affiliates:
Arizona Commerce Authority
Arizona Technology Enterprises (AzTE)
ASU Film Spark
ASU School of Film, Dance and Theater
California Chicano News Media Association
Office of University Affairs
Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication
ASU Washinton D.C. Event Facility
ASU has an event location in Washington D.C.
ASU’s Washington Center is a valuable tool for faculty and staff seeking to bring Washington insiders and university representatives together. ASU faculty, staff and partners are welcome to host classes, meetings, conferences, workshops, receptions, video conferences and other events at the Washington Center. Temporary office space is also available to faculty and staff visiting Washington, D.C.
The Washington Center can accommodate meetings and programs with up to 35 guests (depending on the requested room setup) and receptions with up to 45 guests. The asu_washington_center_event_guide.pdf provides room diagrams, a capacity chart, a list of audio-visual capabilities, catering options, and more. To check availability of event and meeting space at the ASU Washington Center, or for assistance with planning your meeting or event, please contact Roxanne Ladd, Facility and Event Manager, at email@example.com or (202) 446-0381.
For larger meetings and events that cannot be accommodated at the ASU Washington Center, please contact Roxanne Ladd for assistance in identifying an appropriate venue.
For more information on the ASU Washington Center click here: https://washingtondc.asu.edu/facilities#hosting-an-event